Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Mentions

It has been a whirlwind of a show for me this year. Between putting together all of the editorial for Stationery Today, visiting with retailers and exhibitors, blogging and updating my Twitter page, my two days at NSS have flown by! There are a lot of things to see, and I constantly found myself distracted from my "Show Plan" by a cute new greeting card or a spiffy new desk accessory. Robin McMurray and I ended up abandoning our plan while trying to take in as much as we possibly could. I often found myself looking down an aisle I had completely missed on an early trek across the floor.

Robin and I had a really nice visit with several exhibitors today, among them Jacki Paper, Tiselle, Hicks Gibbon and iota -- too many to mention! I'm really excited by the enthusiasm and passion I hear from everyone at NSS. I know I'll be headed home invigorated and re-energized. And, I know I'll be feeling inspired. I'm going to post just a few of some of my favorites from the Show floor -- with many more to follow once I can get back to my office and sort through them all. Enjoy!


George White, Up With Paper, Booth #3104. Up With Paper is always one of my favorite stops during NSS. George says their pop-up notepads are getting a lot of attention this year. This photo was taken by Robin McMurray.

The Best New Product Awards Winners' Circle. Individual images of the winners are coming.

A raccoon invites attendees to take a look at the Gwen Frostic Prints booth (#3250). Gwen Frostic, who was a northern Michigan native like me, has been a favorite of mine since I first toured her studio in elementary school.


Since first seeing Smock (booth #2741) products, I was hooked. The booth reflects the cool, sophisticated design that is Smock Letterpress. Plus, make sure you check out the fun hangers Cyd said she got on Etsy for her display.

It's time to proof Day 3 of Stationery Today now, so I'm signing off until later. I'll post more pictures from the hotel.

- By Kimberly Warren, Great American Publishing

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly, we made the tough decision not to attend the show this year. Your blog has been wonderful! Nothing can beat being there, but this is the next best thing!

    K. Johnson
    Oops-A-Daisy

    ReplyDelete